Greyhound racing results and betting
Greyhound racing has been an immensely popular pastime in the UK since the roaring 20s, especially up North. Owlerton Stadium in Sheffield is a popular venue for greyhound racing, and is fast becoming a top choice for an alternative night out. The thrills of the race track even appeal to those who have never placed a bet in their life.
However, Owlerton races are also popular with die hard greyhound racing fans and people who like to have a bet. These individuals may be interested to know they can obtain the full greyhound racing results from any race meeting right here on the site – just click on Racing in the navigation bar at the top of the page. These greyhound racing results cards are very important for punters who want to check up on the recent form of particular dogs or trainers.
Greyhound betting for beginners
To assist any beginners out there, we've put together a simple five-step guide to greyhound racing betting at our stadium:
- Check the greyhound racing results to discover the top dogs
- When you get to the stadium, choose a race time, dog and bet type
- Visit the Tote Booth or self-service betting machine to place your bet
- Cheer on your chosen dog, and see the results on screens around the stadium
- If you've won, take your betting slip to the Tote Booth to collect your prize.
When it comes to types of bets, there are a few basics to learn. The bets you can place are a Win, Place, Forecast (Straight or Reverse), Trio (Straight or All Ways) or Jackpot. A straight Win bet is the most popular type, as it simply means betting on which dog you think will come first. To find out more about the more advanced types of greyhound racing bets, check out our guide to how to bet on the tote.